Friday, January 28, 2011

Well, I got the doorknob fixed ... and I did it myself!

... and by "I did it myself," I do not mean "I picked up the phone without help and called a repairman."  I did indeed fix it myself.  It was a really simple repair (getting the missing screw put in place) but the hard part was that I could not get that screw to seat properly, so it would just spin and spin in the hole.  So frustrating, and like I said, it left me with a very loose doorknob, not something one wants to have in this L.A. neighborhood/apartment jungle. 

It took a while, and after multiple attempts I was finally able to finesse the darned backplate into place so the screw would seat properly.  My doorknob is now tightly in place and I no longer feel vulnerable that someone might break the doorknob off and try to get into my apartment.  After all, I wouldn't want to have to sick one of the cats on the intruder.  I mean, how scary is THIS wild animal?
 
Princess Tiny Cat says
"Ya wanna piece o' me, punk?!"

Oh, she may *look* sweet and innocent, and yes, she *is* wearing an angel wings and rhinestone-encrusted heart charm around her neck, and she *does* only weigh about 5 or 6 pounds, but she has a triple black belt in kick @$$ and is a total ninja kitty.  Do not make prolonged eye contact with her as she perceives that as a challenge to bust out her moves and show off her mad skillz.

So, not only am I and my three kitties safe from the world, but the world is also safe from ninja kitty.  Its a win-win.

14 comments:

Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia said...

Don't you love fixing things yourself :)
Thanks so much for your visit!

mo said...

Good for you! *clapping* Don't you just feel so good when you win a challenge? I have not tried repairing a door yet, but if I need help, I will come here. (love ninja kitty) *hugs*

Snippets/Sarah said...

Your banner is so cute and whimsical! I am new to all of this blogging and I wish I could learn how create such creative blogs. yours caught my eye with all of those wonderful greens. I was just visiting my cousin. We looked at her broken door knob, shrugged, and walked away. How lazy we were! Congratulations, my cousin and I are impressed!

Marianne@Songbird said...

Yeah for doing it yourself! Feels good he. Now there will be no stopping you and before you know it you will be tiling floors yourself (if your floors need tiling, I have no idea :-) ).

The Gilded Cherub said...

Wow do we ever have a lot in common!! We can eat Mexican food while taking our piano lessons!! LOL
Hope your having a great week..

Lorene xo

Jane said...

Good for you! It's always such a good feeling to accomplish a task yourself. What's the next project?
Have a wonderful weekend.
Jane

The Gilded Cherub said...

Hi Kimberly,
I just love the iron gate myself, I would do anything to have that. I am hosting a charity dinner at my house in just a few weeks... I will be posting pictures of my dining room with the table set and the candles lit... cant wait. How have you been, good I hope. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog I always love to hear from you. Have a wonderful Sunday!

Lorene

Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia said...

Just wanted to say thanks for checking in :)
XO

Sharon @ Roses and Rust said...

Hi there. I just wanted to support another new kid on the block - so I've joined you as a follower - all the way from South Africa!
Well done on doing your own fixing. I've become quite handy over the years and its a nice feeling.

Anne said...

Thanks from Millicent and me for your sweet comment on "a beach cottage."
Princess Tiny Cat is a beauty!
all the best! xo

Ann said...

Good job fixing it yourself...

The cat looks so cute, and you have three of them? Lucky you!

The Gilded Cherub said...

Hi Kimberly,
Gosh its been a long time...how have you been? Good I hope! Thanks for leaving that nice comment on my new dining room, still working on it but its finally getting there. I'm doing much better thanks. I had surgery on my arm to fix some problems I had with my shoulder but getting better every day. I love hearing from you... have a wonderful night.
Lorene

The Gilded Cherub said...

Hi Kimberly,
Thanks for joining the cheering team!! I am so glad that I got it. I too have past up many things that I could kick myself when I look back now. It is true victorian and cast-iron and hard on the back side!!! LOL But your right a few cushy pillow and it will be great...I just love it!! My arm is doing better everyday, thanks for asking. How have you been? Great I hope. Have a great weekend.

Lorene

The Old Painted Cottage said...

When there's a will there a way. Doesn't it feel great accomplishing the tuff stuff. Say hi to Princess Tiny Cat for me : )

oxox
Jennifer