Sunday, March 6, 2011

Chateau de Fleurs Studio & Vintage Marketplace (Part I)

The Chateau de Fleurs Studio & Vintage Marketplace this past Saturday was a lot of fun.  We rented a mini-van and Colleen, Carol, and I drove from West Los Angeles all the way down to Fallbrook (toward San Diego) -- over 100 miles one way!  Though it was a small gathering of around 20 vendors, give or take a few, it was worth the long drive to meet a lot of really nice folks and see all their fabulous offerings. 

Our chariot -- it was like driving a cloud
(taken when we arrived in Fallbrook)

How cute is this welcome vignette?  Love the old bike!


The adorable welcome vignette featuring an old bike with a basket of flowers, leaning up against a tree where a vintage chalkboard had been nailed up announcing the venue let us know we were in the right place (as if the rows and rows of cars lining the curbs in the area weren't enough of a give-way -- we knew exactly where the party was taking place!).

We'd arrived at the right place, no question about that!










The vendors were all all women, and they were selling antique and vintage items, as well as hand-made wares -- everything from jewelry, pillows, aprons, and tea cozies, to recycled items given new life, such as this gorgeous dressform lamp:


Super cute dressform lamp!












A closer look at that lovely chandelier with the twigs woven into the arms is below.  This chandelier, though obviously not exactly like hers, called to mind the one Donna from Funky Junk Interiors created. 











Detail of twig chandelier -- lovely!

Everyones' displays and vignettes looked so professional.  You could tell they put a lot of time and effort into making thoughtful presentations.  The glass cloche, below, is now on my sideboard!


The vignettes were all so artfully done. 
Loved this large glass cloche so much that I bought it -- a pretty good deal for $58

Everything was so beautifully presented ...
 I will return tomorrow to say more about the Marketplace, and will have more pictures as well. 

Later, I will show you my loot!  (Teaser: I bought some gorgeous prints from Christie Repasy!)

14 comments:

pamq said...

Hopefully you filled that fancy ride to the top with cool loot!

Love the cloche!

And the little bottle next to it with the bling around the neck......

The Gilded Cherub said...

Oh look how beautiful that bike is... all your pictures are wonderful.. I cannot wait to see what you bought from Christy!! I love your new cloche, I want one badly!! I bet you had a fantastic time with your friends.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment. How have you been? Looks like you have been well.

Hugs,
Lorene

Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia said...

It was such a nice day~
Sorry we didn't get to meet :(

The Gilded Cherub said...

Hi Amy,
Oh my you are so right the pattern link that you sent me is out of this world beautiful, do you have any of it? I'm going to go to replacements and see if they have any for sale. Thanks also for your nice comments. I love hearing from you. Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Hugs,
Lorene

blossoms vintage chic said...

Hi Amy, just happened to find your lovely blog and so excited to see that you are the one that bought my cloche...so happy to hear you enjoyed your trip to Chateau and really happy I got the chance to meet you! I am now your newest follower!! Wishing you a lovely weekend!
xx
Debbie

The English Romantic said...

It was so nice that you came to visit my bit of England so here I am to see your little bit of the world. Oh how I would love to walk around with you, it looks just my cup of tea.
Hugs, Angela.

High Street Cottage said...

Oh I wish I would have known about this, I would have loved to go! I'm in California also. Looks like so much fun, you took some wonderful photos, Kimberly. xxx tami

Designs on 47th Street said...

Such fabulous pictures of pretty things!

Donna

Kindra-At Home With K said...

Wow! I would love to take a roadtrip there! It would take me a couple days though. Thanks so much for sharing pictures!

Screaming Meme said...

Looks like a lot of fun! Beautiful photos...Hi, I'm Meme for Screaming Meme. I wanted to personally invite you to my Giveaway Series. My first giveaway is beautiful slipcover. If you get the chance stop in and remember to check back and see what I am giving away next. :) Hope to you see there!

chateau de fleurs said...

It was a joy having you in my rose painting class! XO, Christie

Lindy said...

Oh my -- looks like my kind of place, indeed!

Jane said...

Good Morning! Thanks for stopping by today and your nice comment!
I haven't forgotten about the little feed sack......just haven't come up with an idea yet that makes me say Aha!!
Have a great weekend.
Jane

Nita {ModVintageLife} said...

Oh...loved seeing all of this. The bike and the twig chandelier! Really great things. Thanks for you kind comments to me.