Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

Best wishes to all the moms out there for a Happy Mother's Day!  Hoping you are having breakfast in bed, or a nice brunch at a fancy restaurant.  And I'm hoping you were remembered with a card and flowers.


Gorgeous Mother's Day flowers
Source:
Teleflora

I am not a mom, unless you count taking care of three kitties as being a mom ... then ok, I'm a mom to furbabies, and I love all three of the little critters very much!  However, they are not very good at planning celebrations for special occasions, so I am sitting here writing this post, with one kitty at my side, while simultaneously playing fetch with my youngest kitty (she is very enthusiastic and good at this game, I swear she is part retriever!).  The big cat is probably sleeping on the sofa.  Needless to say, the four of us don't have any celebrations planned today!

When my mom lived here in California, we went to the Ritz Carlton Laguna Niguel for Mother's Day brunch. 

The Ritz Carlton Laguna Niguel framed by some nice waves!
It was so lovely, we had an ocean-front table with a fabulous view.  I wish she was here intead of living out of state, because I would love to take her there again, we both really enjoyed it!

View of the ocean from the back side of the
Ritz Carlton Laguna Niguel -- classic southern California beach!
Intead, I sent her some lovely flowers and a sweet card with some Lotto tickets tucked inside.  Hopefully she will win big -- wouldn't that be a nice way to celebrate Mother's Day? 

9 comments:

pinkstilettos said...

Happy Mother's Day! I wanted to say Thank you so much for your kind words about my sweet Jonsie.
Daisy~

Sharon (Roses and Rust) said...

I hope you had a lovely day with your kitties. I'm sure if they could, they would have planned a lavish celebration for you! Have a good week. x Sharon

Anonymous said...

Kim, I found you on your reply to Chateau De Fleurs. Sounds like you had a wonderful gift planned for your mom.
Thought you might have a picture of your rose's on your post? Hope you will tell us about your class.
Blessings,Becky Ransom (sorry, I can only post anonymous?) I am VERY new at this!

Marianne@Songbird said...

Just popping in to wish you a great week! And let you know I posted a new episode in my DIY Blog Design Series. Maybe time to change up the green? :-) Just kidding.

pamq said...

Well, I guess that made the both of us celebrating Mother's Day with our mothers elsewhere..........

But I think celebrating with kitties sounds pretty darn nice!

pam @ iLoveShelling said...

As a mom of 2 adorable furbabies too, happy belated mother' day. Isn't it nice our kids are so sweet to us everyday? heehee

Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia said...

Oh the ritz looks so dreamy :)
XO

Jane said...

Just stopping by to say Hi! You live in such a gorgeous area....I do miss the ocean!!
Jane

sap erp training said...

Oh dear god. You actually live there? Looks like a postcard to me. Have a good one friend, and a happy mother's day to you too.